The Quest for Life Foundation is a registered charity that does its very best to turn no one away on financial grounds. We understand that chronic illness and many other circumstances can stretch people’s finances. The Quest for Life Foundation actively fundraises so that subsidies are available to support people’s attendance on our programs. Please speak to us about your particular circumstances if finances are an issue for you.
The Quest for Life Centre is located in nine acres of landscaped gardens in the beautiful Southern Highlands. The grounds provide a tranquil, private and productive environment perfectly suited for Quest for Life programs.
Retreat fee inclusions
- Daily program The programs provide compassionate support as well as a wealth of practical self-help techniques and strategies. There are four – five workshop sessions daily as well as yoga stretches and meditation. Individual counselling sessions are also available at an additional cost. The lunch break is 2 ½ hours to allow rest, walks, reflection or time for a counselling session.
- Program staff All program staff have extensive experience and qualifications working with people experiencing significant challenges. Each program is led by two facilitators with a support team to look after your specific needs.
- Counselling An individual session with one of our experienced counsellors or massage therapists is available and highly recommended. Counselling and massage are offered onsite and are scheduled around session times.
- Accommodation Located in the main building and also in lodges within the grounds, accommodation is in either single or twin share rooms. All rooms are spacious and comfortable with central heating and en-suite bathrooms.
- Meals Our menus are renowned for their emphasis on organic locally grown produce, much of it from our own gardens. We cater for special dietary needs. All meals are prepared by our experienced kitchen staff with an emphasis on seasonal, local, fresh and healthy menu options. Served in our dining room overlooking the gardens, breakfast, morning tea, a 2 course lunch, afternoon tea and dinner are included as part of the fee.
As a charity, the Quest for Life Foundation is committed to making our programs accessible to as many people as possible.
If you are in a position to pay the full cost of your program, we would greatly appreciate your support. For those on low incomes and pensions please contact us on 1300 941 488 for more information about additional subsidies.
Through fundraising, donations, and other means, Quest subsidises all privately funded places in order to ensure the cost of our programs remain affordable. This enables us to reduce the fee from $3400 to $1795.
Booking and Cancellation policy
All programs require a minimum deposit of $300. This includes a non-refundable administration fee of $100 that is not refunded unless your program is cancelled by us.
The balance of your payment is due two weeks before the starting date of your program. We will take this from your credit card automatically or you can send us a cheque or bank transfer.
When booking a program that starts within two weeks, full payment is required at the time of booking.
If you wish to cancel your booking, we will refund you as follows:
- Less than 7 days prior to the retreat commencement date - 50% of your total payment will be refunded.
- More than 7 days prior to the retreat commencement date - your total payment, less non-refundable deposit will be refunded.
- If for any reason you have doubts about being able to attend or are too unwell to attend, you can transfer to another program within a 6 month period from the time of payment of the deposit.
Please wait for confirmation before making travel arrangements as we cannot guarantee bookings for any given week. Allow 1 week for confirmation.
If you are asked by Quest to leave the program due to concern for your wellbeing we will refund you a percentage of the fee charged based on the number of days you attended, less an administration fee.
All information included in any of our publicity is correct at the time of publication, and is subject to change. Whilst every effort is made to provide the program and workshops as advertised, we do not accept liability for:
- Cancellations or changes caused by low bookings, unavailability of staff, unavailability or suitability of venue, or any situations beyond our control or subsequent to participation in one of our programs.
- Participants' medical or psychiatric conditions which may exist or which may arise during or subsequent to participation in one of our programs.
- Loss of, or damage to, personal property of our participants.