Please read this page carefully before completing the booking form.
Before you book your program
Please read the Booking Form carefully and ensure you have included all necessary information. A checklist is provided on the booking form.
Book well in advance to ensure a place in the program of your choice.
All programs require a minimum deposit of $500. This includes a non-refundable administration fee of $100 that is not refunded unless your program is cancelled by us.
The balance of your payment is due two weeks before the starting date of your program. We will take this from your credit card automatically or you can send us a cheque or bank transfer.
When booking a program that starts within two weeks, full payment is required at the time of booking.
If you wish to cancel your booking, we will refund you as follows:
Less than 7 days prior to the program commencement date - 50% of your total payment will be refunded.
More than 7 days prior to the program commencement date - your total payment, less non-refundable deposit will be refunded.
If for any reason you have doubts about being able to attend or are too unwell to attend, you can transfer to another program within a 6 month period from the time of payment of the deposit. There is no charge for transferring up until 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the program. If you transfer after the 2 week period you will need to pay a fee of $75 per person transfer fee, taken from deposit.
Wait for confirmation before making travel arrangements as we cannot guarantee bookings for any given week. Please allow 1 week for confirmation.
We accept payment by credit card or cheque or direct deposit.
Our bank details available on request. If you are paying by direct deposit please make sure you clearly state your full name and the name of the program you are paying for in the description for the transfer.
5 Day Program
- 5 day residential programs held at the Quest for Life Centre or at other venues begin at 4.00pm on Day 1.
- Please arrive between 2.00 - 3.30pm to register. It is important for you to be present for the start of the first session which begins promptly at 4.00pm.
- The program concludes on Day 5 with lunch at 1.00pm.
- The program requires your full commitment to attend for the duration as the final sessions are crucial to your understanding of the weeks’ experience.
- If through some unforeseen circumstance you’re running late on the first day, please call 02 4883 6805 before 4.00pm to let us know.
The Quest for Life and Healing your Life Programs
- While the program is very full there will be ample time for discussions, questions and shared experiences.
- It is highly recommended that before attending the program you read Petrea’s book Quest for Life (for the Quest for Life program) or Your Life Matters (for the Healing Your Life program). Women with breast cancer will also find Spirited Women very helpful. You will find that reading one of these books first will enhance your understanding of healing and help you gain the utmost from the program. In addition, Your Life Matters embodies the philosophy that underpins all of our programs.
- Petrea's books can be ordered through our web site www.questforlife.com.au/shop or by phoning 02 4883 6805..
What to bring
- Please bring comfortable clothing in which you feel relaxed. March to October are cooler months and winter can be cold.
- All rooms have heating/cooling as necessary and the weather can be bracing.
- We suggest layers of clothing and a warm jacket, as the weather is changeable any time of year.
- Please bring your walking shoes, as there are lovely walks in the area.
- It is also advisable to bring an umbrella and if you'd like to bring a favourite pillow or cushion, please do.
- All linen is supplied but please bring soap, shampoo, conditioner or other toiletries you might need. Also a hairdryer if you need one.
- Unfortunately it is not possible for you to access the internet or email during your stay with us.
- Part of the program may include preparing a collage to take home. You may like to bring copies of photos of family/friends or other images or events which you’d like to incorporate into your collage. However, this is not essential.
- Please bring pen and notebook.
- Mobile phone reception in Bundanoon is very intermittent and mobile phones must be turned off during sessions.
- You will be staying at the Quest for Life Centre in Bundanoon, 13 - 33 Ellsmore Road. Please click here to view the photo gallery of the Quest for Life Centre.
- Your accommodation is in very comfortable rooms with ensuites.
- The property offers tree-filled surrounds and gardens for walking, reading, meditating or talking.
- Bundanoon nestles on the edge of Morton National Park, which has wonderful views and walks.
- Reservation of a room for people with disabilities must be discussed with us prior to your attendance at a program.
- You will need to bring a support person with you if you are not able to shower, dress or feed yourself independently.
- There is a doctor’s surgery and a chemist in Bundanoon and both private and public hospitals in Bowral, which is approximately 25km away.
- Participants should ensure that they bring all necessary medication with them.
- Participants are expected and requested to remain on any prescribed medication throughout their stay.
- We are not able to supply any medications including Paracetamol.
Sharing a Room
- All rooms are ensuited and twin-share.
- There is limited single accommodation available and a small surcharge applies.
- In case you or your room-mate may snore we suggest that you be prepared and bring ear plugs.
- We do our best to accommodate you with someone of your own age.
- We are unable to accept your pets or children in our accommodation.
- Your account needs to be settled at least two weeks before the commencement of the program.
- You may pay by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card (Mastercard or Visa only).
- There are ATMs in Bundanoon at the newsagency, the bottle shop and the hotel.
Massage and Counselling
Quest for Life Foundation counsellors and therapists are all highly trained, qualified and experienced. Massage therapists have all completed post-graduate training in massaging people with cancer or other serious illness.
- Massage therapists charge $80 per hour for massage and $50 for a half hour.
- The counsellor charges $100 per hour.
- Therapists and counsellors need to be paid by cheque or cash as they don’t have access to credit card facilities. Please come prepared.
Public Transport to Bundanoon
- CityRail operates regular services from Sydney Airport to Campbelltown and then onward to Moss Vale or Bundanoon via the Southern Highlands line. The service to Bundanoon is minimal, however, taxis or buses operate regular services to Bundanoon from Moss Vale. www.cityrail.com.au or 131 500.
- CountryLink operates services from Sydney Central station to Bundanoon or Moss Vale via their Canberra or their Melbourne services. CountryLink also operates services from Melbourne and Canberra to Bundanoon. Bookings are essential on CountryLink trains and you will need to specify setdown in Bundanoon. www.countrylink.nsw.gov.au or 132 232
- Bundanoon Railway station is approximately 500 metres from the Quest for Life Centre
- Berrima Buslines run a service from Moss Vale station to Bundanoon. www.berrimabuslines.com.au or 02 4871 3211.
- Southern Highlands Taxis services the area. A taxi from Moss Vale to Bundanoon costs approximately $30. www.southernhighlandstaxis.com.au or 02 4872 4800
Airport Taxi Service
The following businesses operate an airport service to and from the Southern Highlands from either Sydney or Canberra airports:
Directions to the Quest for Life Centre
Arriving early or staying on
If you are travelling some distance your travel arrangements may require that you arrive early or stay on in Bundanoon after the program. Extended accommodation is not available at the Quest for Life Centre and we recommend the following:
You will find a great deal more information in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
All information included in any of our publicity is correct at time of going to printing and is subject to change. Whilst every effort is made to provide the programs and services as advertised, we do not accept liability for:
- Cancellations or changes caused by unavailability of staff, low bookings, weather conditions, maintenance work, acts of God, acts of Government or any other authorities, or any situations beyond our control or subsequent to participation in one of our programs.
- Participants' medical or psychiatric conditions which may exist or which may arise during or subsequent to participation in one of our programs.
- Loss of, or damage to, personal property of our guests.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to our programs if, on arrival, participation appears to be inappropriate. We also reserve the right to ask any visitor to leave if their behaviour is disruptive to the function of the Foundation or interferes with the rights of others.